Monday, May 5, 2008

Teamwork

I think what makes our team successful is our open communication, even though we only have time for one face-to-face meeting a week. Over the last week for example, Long has been testing the web server and integrating our application with the University's authentication protocols. He has had numerous discussions with Mark Szota and Dave Sole from the faculty, and has CC'd Justin and myself in on the communication. That has kept us in the loop of what he's been up to, and given us the chance to throw in ideas too.

Justin and I have been working on different parts of the interface, but by using the SVN we can constantly update each other's files. Its really interesting to do an update and be able to see all his latest work straight away. When I see that he's done something cool, it motivates me to do a bit more as well.

No comments: