Thursday, March 13, 2008

Project Plan

Our Project Plan is due next week, so we have divided up the work between the three of us. I am responsible for the Detailed Project Requirements, Work Breakdowns and Work Schedules & Deadlines.

I had already pretty much done the project requirements by writing up the current process students go through to make a loan, and the ways in which this process could be improved. I also added technical requirements and file naming conventions to this section.

I used MS Project to do the work schedules and deadlines. My experience at Deloitte helped with this. I was involved in a project there from start to finish, and I saw how important it was to think through the development process before starting work. I learned that if there are any problems or complications in a project, you need to talk these through with your client to ensure you both understand what the issue is and how you will solve it. But it saves a lot of time if you can figure all these out before you start developing.

No comments: